The Storm

Friday, June 12, 2009

September 2007

We had just begun "trying" to have a baby. I didn't really understand what that meant, at the time. We just told everyone that we weren't going to not try anymore. We didn't get what it meant to "try". I mean, how hard could it be?

I remember the feelings I was having in the beginning of this journey. I was so excited to become a mother. I had been waiting for this time my whole life! I was just 24 years old and all my friends couldn't believe I was wanting to start a family. "You are so young!" was all I ever heard. But I didn't care...I was ready!

Life seemed so perfect at that point. We had just bought our first house, celebrated 3 years of marriage...things were going so well. But even in the midst of pure contentment, I was completely aware of how quickly things could change. In my journal I wrote this: "Life seems to be going so well right now. That scares me somewhat because I fear that a storm is approaching. I once heard that in your life you are either in the midst of a storm, just coming out of a storm, or just about to enter a storm. What storm is on its way into my life? I just pray that the Lord would be preparing me for whatever He has planned for my life. Let me not be anxious, as He has a perfect plan! Let my heart be confident in the Lord!"

Looking back on that journal entry, I am brought to tears. Little did I know what lay ahead for us. But I thank the Lord that He knew and that He was the one who reminded me to pray such a prayer. His care for me is what has sustained me through this storm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment